If you have a website or online store, driving people to your website is essential if you want to be a success. There are many ways to promote your site with search engine marketing techniques, with the two most popular being Search Engine optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC).
Both of these methods are great tools to use but some will be of greater benefit to a website or store than others. It is important to weigh up the pros and cons of both tools before deciding which one is right for you. Many SEO agency offers pay per click management services that can be of great help in your business .
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Using SEO is a great way to drive people to their website and many people undertake SEO without even thinking about it. This means utilizing the power of SEO can bring about great results when it is used properly.
There are many professional sites offering SEO tips and packages but these can be costly and not necessary for many sites. With a little knowledge, any website owner or blogger can control their own SEO campaign with no great difficulty.
The PRO’s of using SEO include:
- Can be done for free
- Can highlight any intensive knowledge you have on a subject
- Can be assisted by external linking
- You can take full control of the campaign
The CON’s of using SEO include:
- Can take a considerable amount of time to rise up search engine rankings
- No guarantee of transferring search results to clicks
- May require content being bought, therefore costly
PPC – Pay Per Click
Using PPC is a great way to create awareness of your website in the people you want to visit the site. Choosing relevant keyword and selecting the budget for each keyword means you are fully in control of how people find you and how much you pay for it.
This style of promotion ensures the people that are visiting the website are more likely to be interested in the products or services available on site. This is a great tactic for a website that believes they offer what targeted customers want.
The PRO’s of using PPC include:
- Targeted keywords to ensure you are focused on the right people
- Allows a budget to be made and stuck to
- More likely to end in positive results because target market is being focused on
- Drive visitors to a particular page on your site
- Works very quickly
The CON’s of using PPC include:
- Can be costly
- No guarantee of turning clicks to sales
- Other firms budgets may dwarf yours
Both of these methods offer advantages to a website looking to increase traffic on the site and a site has to decide which the best option for them is.